(1) Personal Data Handler: this is engineering Inc.
(2) Address: 5F, 42, Changeop-ro, Sujeong-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi, Korea
(3) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
(4) Phone: +82-31-721-2300
1. Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Data
We process your personal data to: (1) Handle membership registration and management on TIE Sites We collect and use personal data to check Users’ intention for membership registration, identify members to provide membership services, maintain and manage membership status, authenticate Users, prevent unauthorized use of services, make various notifications, handle complaints made by Users, etc. (2) Provide goods or services, related information, and after-sale services We collect and use personal data to deliver goods and related information, provide software and after-sale services, send contracts or bills, provide content and personalized services, identify Users, identify Users’ ages, make payments, settle accounts, and collect debts. (3) Handle complaints made by Users We collect and use personal data to identify Users with complaints, check content of such complaints, contact Users to examine facts, and notifying Users of processing results. (4) Provide marketing and event-related information such as newsletters We collect and use personal data to provide information about marketing and discount events related to our products and services through newsletters, etc. In principle, we need to receive consent from Users to process personal data for these purposes.
2. Types of Personal Data Collected and Collection Methods
※ In principle, we do not collect personal data of users under 14. ※ When we conduct an online event, we will get consent from participants by separately announcing types of personal data collected (name, contact number, address, etc.), purpose of collection, and retention period by event type. ※ We can collect additional personal data in relation to contract signing, retention, implementation, and management, event participation, promotion and marketing activities, etc. In this case, we will get additional consent from related parties by separately announcing types of personal data collected, purpose of collection, and retention period on the concerning webpage. ※ You may refuse to agree to collection and use of required items of personal data. In this case, your use of services may be restricted. If you refuse to agree to collection and use of optional items, service use will not be restricted.
3. Retention and Utilization Period of Collected Data
In principle, we may hold and use personal data until the purpose of collecting and using personal data is achieved. However, if it is required by law to keep personal data for a certain period of time, we will keep personal data collected safely for that period. - Records of payment and supply of goods, etc.: 5 years (Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.) - Records of contract or cancellation of orders, etc. : 5 years (Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.) - Records of handling consumer complaints or disputes: 3 years (Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.) - Records of collection/processing and utilization of credit information : 3 years (Use and Protection of the Credit Information Act) - Records of display and advertisement: 6 months (Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.) - Records of visits to Websites: 3 months (Protection of Communications Secrets Act)
4. Overseas Users
Since our severs are in Korea, which is a third country outside the EU, personal data of any information subject in the EU is transferred to our server in Korea. In this case, personal data is transferred after we receive consent from the information subjects in the EU.
5. Personal Data Destruction Procedures and Methods
In principle, we will immediately destroy personal data collected after the purpose of use has been achieved or the retention/use period determined by relevant laws has expired. Procedures and methods of personal data destruction are as follows. (1) Destruction procedures The information you entered for membership registration, etc. will be destroyed without delay after the purpose of use has been achieved. However, it may be destroyed after being stored for a certain period in accordance with relevant laws (see Retention and Utilization Period). (2) Destruction Method - Personal data stored in electronic file format will be permanently deleted in a way that is not recoverable. - Personal data printed on paper (printed materials, written forms, etc.) will be shredded or burnt up.
6. Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties
We will not provide any of your personal data to any third party except where you agree or it is required by relevant laws. We may provide your personal information to third parties as follows, only for the purpose of providing or improving products, services, and advertisements: ① Parties receiving personal data: Distributors, agents and retailers of TIE ② Purpose of using personal data: Delivery of products, after-sale and follow-up services, customer satisfaction survey ③ Types of personal data provided : Name, email, phone number, address ④ Period of retaining and using personal data: 3 months
7. Consignment of Personal Data Processing
In order to implement services, we have consigned personal data processing to an outside expert. To ensure that your personal data is protected, we comply with relevant laws and oversee consignee’s compliance with those laws. In case there are any changes to consigned businesses, we will notify the details on the notice section of our website. - Consignee: FedEx (UPS), CJ Logistics, UPIT KOREA - Consigned businesses: Product and goods delivery
8. Users’ Rights and Execution of Rights
Users or legal representatives of users under 14 may request for personal data review, correction or deletion, suspension of personal data processing, and withdrawal of consent at any time. To make such requests, you may use the "Edit Personal Data (or “Edit Member Info”)” menu on the homepage or contact personal data protection officer by phone or via email to have your requests processed without delay. However, we may refuse your requests to access, correct or delete all or part of your personal data in the following cases: – Access is prohibited or restricted by law. – You may possibly damage another person's life or body, or to improperly violate another person's property and other interests.
9. Users’ Rights and Execution of Rights under EU GDPR
(1) Users in the EU have the right to have personal data they provided sent back to them or request transfer of such data to another handler. However, when personal data is processed in accordance with an agreement or contract and when personal data is processed automatically, it shall be done in a way not violating the rights of any other person. (2) Users in EU have the right to request restrictions on the processing or use of their personal data in the following cases: ① The user raised an objection to the accuracy of personal data; ② The user made a request for proving, exercising or defending a claim; or ③ The user requested such restrictions. (3) Users in the EU have the right to request deletion of their personal data in the following cases: ① Personal data is no longer needed; ② The user cancelled his/her consent; ③ The user opposes the processing of personal data for profiling or marketing purposes; ④ Personal data was handled illegally; or ⑤ It must be deleted to comply with legal obligations (4) Users in the EU have the right to request TIE to correct their inaccurate personal data without delay and to complement their incomplete personal data by providing additional statements for information processing purpose. (5) Users in the EU, who have agreed to personal data processing, have the right to withdraw their consents at any time. In this case, however, some services may become unavailable. (6) Users in the EU have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory agency regarding their personal data processing at any time. (7) Users in the EU have the right to oppose items, which may significantly impact them, being processed automatically through profiling, etc.